Training for professionals
Learn how to help your brain injured clients to go to the next level with the latest rehabilitation protocols.
Interested? schedule a free Face Time call with Arjan & Linda. You can also send an e-mail: [email protected]
STROKE REHABILITATION COURSE
After the initial 3-6 months of rehabilitation, which is great to help you walk, talk, and take care of yourself, not much is done in terms of specific individual oriented rehab. It is a myth that further progress is not possible after the 6 month time frame, this largely seems to be dictated by the budget that is available. Yes it is hard work. However if rehabilitation efforts become more refined and persistent intelligent work is put in, time and time again individuals have shown that they can beat the odds and improve, even after years. That is why we created this progressive, disruptive intelligent stroke rehabilitation course.
This is the first advanced post stroke rehabilitation course that addresses matters such as basic movement patterns that have become disrupted, cross cord exercises, advanced neuro orthopedic stabilization of the shoulder and hips, peripheral and central pain management techniques, head-eye-neck movement integration as well as extremity repatterning techniques and cross hemisphere (corpus callosal) exercises. In addition you will learn about specific stimulation through the use of low level laser, pulsed electromagnetic field, hyperbaric therapy and EMS. Perhaps all words and terms that you are absolutely not familiar with yet, but will make perfect sense to you after finishing the two courses. To say it bluntly: we teach you what should have been integrated and involved in the rehabilitation from day 1. In addition you will learn what works in practice based on the latest scientific and clinical insights.
The two-part certification course we offer teaches you how to make use of a series of novel exercises and stimulations that were often not addressed in the first place (like basic movement patterns, reflex and advanced sensory motor integration) that will smartly integrate and build different levels of complexity necessary for movement (speech is also movement) refinement and progression. As well as address the weakened networks and brain areas that are often left because the knowledge how to do this is not widely available. All teaching addresses the underlying reasons (breadth), mechanisms (depth) as well as practical application in an easy to understand three step way (so anyone with the right mindset and solid basic knowledge can help apply them). In addition you will learn how to integrate all the different elements and how to progress through time. Also supportive care in the form of life style (sleep, nutrition, stress management) nutraceuticals, immune and gut support will be addressed.
In our opinion and experience, some of the best rehabilitation experts in this world are not the professionals that were trained to do this job. Yes you heard us right. What is required for the type of course we created is a fresh pair of eyes, genuine interest in the other person, the absolute will to help, a creative flexible mind and the willingness to learn and keep on learning. If you feel that is you then this course is for you if you are a caretaker, personal trainer, person with a genuine interest in helping stroke survivors, or health care professional frustrated with the limited amount of real knowledge and tools to continue helping stroke survivors to move forward.
OVERVIEW OF THE STROKE REHABILITATION CERTIFICATION COURSE:
If you want to become certified (this is certainly not mandatory) in advanced stroke rehabilitation you finish the level one (basic), two (intermediate) and three (advanced) courses and pass the written and practical examinations at the end of the course.
Level I of the STROKE REHABILITATION COURSE covers all the basic elements for advanced rehabilitation and will set you up for a thorough understanding of what to practically do with a stroke survivor in addition to the first 3-6 months rehabilitation or after this period (there is really not a time frame for this). Duration: 6 days/ 48 hours
Level II and III, intermediate and advanced STROKE REHABILITATION levels are taken together. Requirement is that you have taken the BASIC one-week course. This 6-day (48 hours) course teaches you the advanced progressions as well as the use of more advanced combination of stimulation and rehabilitation as well as more advanced nutritional, stress management, coping, and energy enhancing techniques.
Usually Basic intermediate/ advanced levels are thought in succession. They are given as a two-week block where you do all the levels or you can decide to just do the Basic level or return just for the intermediate and advanced level training if you completed Basic before.
Level I (BASIC) course elements:
All elements have a breadth, depth, and application part.
- Introduction to how do the brain and body connect. How does the brain work and why we should address underactivity
- Breathing and postural integration techniques.
- Reflex and basic movement integration techniques
- Neuro-orthopedic core, hip, and shoulder stability techniques
- Cross cord movements
- Central Vestibular, head/eye/neck integration techniques
- Extremity repatterning exercises (GRASP technique) for arm and leg (assisted)
- Central and peripheral pain management techniques
- Cross hemisphere exercise sequences (corpus callosal exercises)
- Walking progressions/ barefoot walking/ arm swing/
- Introduction to whole brain functioning
- Basic low intensity laser, PEMF techniques and hyperbaric oxygen
- Addressing Neuroinflammation and fatigue
- Summary of the course and what is to come in the intermediate and advanced levels
Level II and III (INTERMEDIATE and ADVANCED) course elements
- Short summary of the BASIC course and introduction of the intermediate and advanced levels
- Advanced breathing and postural integration techniques
- Stress reduction and vagal stimulation applications
- Intermediate and advanced Reflex Integration and grounding movement techniques
- Intermediate and advanced Neuro-orthopedic core, hip and shoulder stability techniques
- Intermediate and advanced extremity repatterning exercises (GRASP technique) for arm and leg. Unassisted and resisted progressions.
- Intermediate and advanced central pain management techniques
- Intermediate and advanced cross hemisphere exercise sequences (corpus callosal exercises)
- Advanced walking progressions/ barefoot walking/ arm swing/
- Intermediate and advanced whole brain functioning as well as specific brain area stimulation
- Intermediate and advanced low intensity laser, PEMF techniques and hyperbaric oxygen
- Life Style changes that matter the most
- The most effective brain hacking techniques
- Summary of the intermediate and advanced course
- Certification examinations (voluntarily)
N.B. we only teach what is working and leave out the fluff. What you learn can be applied the next day and will help to improve the quality of life of the stroke survivor that you are working with. All is clinical best evidence and the practical applications out of the latest neuroscience.
You can use this for your partner, family member, relative, friend or use it in conjunction with other therapies that you are using if you are a healthcare professional.
Completing these courses will in addition give you the opportunity to come and work with us throughout the year for short or longer periods. We see post stroke clients in Cyprus, the Netherlands and Norway (Lofoten 2025) throughout the year.
Cyprus training location:
training and vacation as the same time (-: next Available: e-mail us
training location from 2025
training and vacation as the same time (-:
Who will lecture?
Arjan will lecture 90% and Linda 10%.